The first H2H book is on its way! Excel Formulas: Halfwit to Hero is a compact guide to the essential art of formula writing, whether you’re using Excel to build a business, run a budget, or solve your math homework. Even if you’re an Excel newbie who has never cracked open a spreadsheet, the first chapter (“What You Should Already Know”) explains the four key Excel concepts everyone needs to get started. Then you can sail ahead to learn about these topics (and more):
- Exploring Excel’s function library
- Using cell references and cell names to keep your work organized
- Calculating with dates, times, money, and even text
- Debugging your formulas to see how they work (and figure out why some go bad)
- Using conditional logic to write formulas that make decisions
- Using lookup functions to hunt through tables of data
The beta version of the tutorials is already online at lab.halfwit2hero.com and the print version of the book is entering its final review stage today.
Remember, you can get all the news about upcoming H2H releases (and the first chance to try out new titles and get pre-release promotions) by subscribing to our newsletter. And if you have feedback on the site or your own suggestions for future titles, reach out on the contact form or via email to me, matthew @ prosetech.com.